The IBERIFIER consortium aims to develop a media observatory to fight misinformation in Spain and Portugal. IBERIFIER is one of the eight regional nodes in Europe within the framework of the Digital Media Observatory (EDMO), whose objective is to develop a multidisciplinary platform to address the challenge of digital disinformation in Europe and its consequences.
This platform will be a means of collaboration between verifiers and researchers that will allow addressing disinformation under criteria of excellence, independence and long-term sustainability. It will offer its services to digital media, social networks, advertisers and public institutions.
Lines of work
- To investigate the characteristics and trends of the digital media of the Iberian system.
- To develop computer tools for the early detection of misinformation messages.
- To verify and deny the misinformation in the Iberian territory.
- To prepare strategic reports on misinformation threats for the Spanish and Portuguese authorities and for society in general.
- To work on media literacy initiatives aimed at journalists, communicators, young people and society as a whole.
The consortium is made up of 23 public and private entities, including 12 universities, 5 fact-checking agencies, and 6 institutions for strategic analysis, data science, and media research.
Other research centers
GALLERY OF IMAGES
PROJECTS’ SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS
IBERIFIER IN MEDIA
- Iberifier, observatorio contra la desinformación, echa a andar en Pamplona. Noticias de Navarra
This project is funded by the European Union
Action No: 2020-EU-IA-0252
Agreement number: INEA/CEF/ICT/A2020/2381931
Total funding: 1,47millions of euros